18 Sep The Yorkshire Children’s Trust
The Yorkshire Children’s Trust
The team at Far’n’Beyond are delighted to be supporting the Yorkshire Children’s Trust, a local charity that helps children and their families cope with the emotional and financial strain of life-changing illnesses.
Yorkshire Children’s Trust was founded in 2011 by two sets of parents who wanted to create something positive after their daughters were diagnosed with Leukaemia. Understanding the challenges experienced by families going through such incredibly difficult circumstances, the charity aims to help the children and their families cope with the emotional and financial strain of life-changing illnesses.
“We were keen to find a local charity where we could really make a difference, and through activities throughout the year, help raise awareness and funds. The Yorkshire Children’s Trust is the perfect fit given the valuable work it carries out for sick children and their families.”
Adam Moody. Managing Director
Donations to The Yorkshire Children’s Trust help the charity pay for:
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs or special beds
- Treatments such as counselling or therapies
- Home modifications such as wheelchair ramps or making a safe play area
- Hospital travel for a child that may be having treatment far from home
- Breaks for affected families that include mum, dad, siblings and carers
- Provision of welfare and debt advice
Please consider taking a look at the Yorkshire Children’s Trust website and see the work they are doing and whether you could help support them.